What Is Personal Accident Insurance?
Personal accident insurance provides financial benefits to the insured following physical injury, disability/dismemberment, or death arising from an accident. During that time, you may have little or no money to leave your family a source of regular income to replace your possible loss of income due to disability.
In addition, in case of an untimely death, your family may not have the funds to pay for the costs of your funeral, cremation/burial, and other death-related expenses. Also, you may incur medical and hospital expenses which can pile up and become costly for out-of-pocket expenses. Finally, you or your family may need some cash assistance to meet your daily needs. In all these scenarios, a Standard Insurance policy will ensure that “life will go on.”
What Are the Features of An Assurance.PH Package?
Various insurance providers offer the following personal accident insurance packages:
- Family Protect. This insurance policy will cover accidental death, permanent total disability, medical reimbursement, cash assistance due to accident and sickness as well as non-accidental death, educational assistance, burial expense, or fire cash assistance. The benefits of Family Protect can be claimed by the Principal, spouse, or children ages 3 to 21 (maximum of two).
- OFW Protect. With this insurance package, OFWs and their dependents will be provided with benefits in case of losses. The premium is usually paid for by the principal and the claims can be made by the principal, spouse, or children aged 1 to 21 (maximum of three).
- Student Protect. This is a group personal accident insurance covering all enrolled students inside and outside the school premises throughout the whole year, including summer vacation. The premium is paid for by the enrolled and bonafide student. The benefits can be claimed by the student or school on behalf of the student.
- Bayaning Guro Protect. Bayaning Guro is a group personal accident insurance covering teachers aged 18 to 65 years old for the whole year. The premium is paid for by the teacher or the school. Bayaning Guro does not require a medical exam to avail of the coverage.
- Kasambahay Protect. Kasambahay Protect is a group personal accident insurance providing protection to household helpers aged 18 to 65 years old for the whole year. The premium can be paid for by the kasambahay or employer. It does not require a medical exam for insurance coverage.
- Personal Gift Card. The gift card is a comprehensive personal accident insurance card with different variants for different occasions. Claims can be made by the recipient aged 5 to 65 years old. The principal amount is paid for by the sender of the gift card.